Die FOLA-Gruppe hat jetzt den Bericht “A nation reading for life” veröffentlicht, der das Lesen und die Bibliotheken mit sechs zentralen Forderungen voranbringen will:
1. The Australian states and territories commission independent audits of the collections of their public library systems.
2. The Australian government initiate a first national Year of Reading.
3. State and territory public library agencies foster reader development training and networks for their public library systems.
4. Regional groups of public libraries consider sharing the costs of a reader development coordinator.
5. Reader development is articulated in public library strategic plans and staff position descriptions.
6. Friends of Libraries groups discuss with their library managers their reader development strategies, and consider advocacy and practical areas in which they can assist.
Beitrag von Andreas Mittrowann